JOIN LUMICOM by contacting the Membership Recruitment Manager, Simon Cook on 0845 643 0304 (Option 1 on the voice menu) or by email.
Lumicom is a not for profit producer compliance scheme, approved by the Environment Agency and created by the industry to help producers, selling into the non-household market, meet their obligations under the WEEE Regulations.
The primary obligation of producers is to ensure environmentally sound disposal of those WEEE products for which they are responsible, more specifically to provide for the cost of:
of their WEEE products.
Meeting these obligations via membership of Lumicom has several advantages:
- Lumicom actually facilitates the recycling of luminaires. 100% of luminaires going through the approved recycling system are collected and delivered by Lumicom.
This means that your client can be reassured that his policy on sustainability remains intact with the disposal audit leading all the way to an AATF depot. In addition he does not have to provide for the financial cost of recycling neither the luminaires that have been replaced nor the new ones, when eventually they come up for replacement.
- Lumicom will keep you informed of changes in the WEEE Regulations and kindred environmental legislation.
- Lumicom is imbued with the culture of the lighting industry and is sensitive to the need to protect your client's environmental interests
- Lumicom will do its best to minimise the impact of the WEEE Regulations upon you by explaining and guiding you as to the best means of compliance
- Lumicom was established by the lighting industry to serve the lighting industry not the waste industry
Although it specialises in lighting equipment, as long as you operate in a business to business (B2B) environment, Lumicom can help you and is more than willing to send along a member of staff to explain you WEEE obligations to you.
To participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org
The advantages to specifiers, specifying exclusive equipment produced by Lumicom members are:
- When it comes to disposal of the replaced equipment, the client or his contractor only has to call Lumicom rather than several producers or schemes
- The specifier can be confident that his client's policy statements on sustainable development have not been compromised
Back to Top